We think summer afternoons are best spent baking. With blueberries in peak season, blueberry muffins were calling our name.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries
- 2 tablespoons turbinado sugar, optional
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners or coat with nonstick cooking spray. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the granulated sugar, butter, milk, and eggs; add to the flour mixture and stir to combine. Fold in the blueberries (do not overmix).
- Divide the batter among the prepared muffin cups and sprinkle with the turbinado sugar, if desired.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely or serve warm.
Read the full recipe.
Featured on our Roman Antique Square Cake Plate.