Foodie Fridays: Mandelbrot Passover Recipe
Favorite Passover Recipe: Mandelbrot Cookies
Here is a delicious recipe for Passover mandelbrot cookies that looks a lot like Italian biscotti. Mandel means almond but the addition of mini chocolate chips guarantees a sweeter surprise. Like biscotti, you make a dough, slice it and bake it. Also, they freeze well for social emergencies or late night freezer raids!
For those of you who haven't made either here is a link at the bottom to step by step pictures and a recipe not as good as Paula Cohen's from Richard Cohen Inc. our representatives in the New York Design Center.
Here is the delicious recipe:
- Mix Cream, 2 cups of sugar with 1/2 lb of softened butter.
- Add 6 eggs, one at a time, and beat after each addition.
- Combine 2 3/4 cups Passover Cake Meal, 1/2 tsp salt, 3/4 cup Potato Starch.
- Fold into egg mixture.
- Add 6 ounces mini chocolate chips and 1 cup chopped almonds.
- With your hands form into 6 loaves (2" wide each)
- Place 3 on each cookie sheet, sprinkle with cinnamon & sugar.
- Bake for 45 minutes in a 350 degree oven.
- Slice into 1/2 inch diagonal slices while still warm.
Of course, we believe it will taste much better served on Annieglass! Our Elements Rock Trivet, featured to the right, is part of the newly released Elements Collection. The collection is made from 100% recycled Annieglass materials to help minimize our impact on the earth.BUY ME