Gigi Kiss Cake - Pavlova
Pavlova is a meringue-based dessert named after the Russian ballerina Anna Pavlova. The Pavlova is featured on the elegant Edgey Pedestal Stand in 24k gold.
You will need
2 tablespoons cornstarch
Pinch of salt
1.5 cups sugar, divided
7 egg whites, at room temperature
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
1 8-oz container mascarpone cheese
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups whipping cream
4 1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries Halved fresh strawberries
- Preheat over to 250 and if your eggs are not room temp soak in warm water for 5 minutes
- Beat egg whites and cream of tartar with an electric hand mixer. Until bubbly and glossy.
- 1 Spoon full at a time, slowly add 1 cup of sugar.
- Beat until thick white stiff peaks. Lift mixer and peak should be stiff like a beak. Don’t under beat or over beat your eggs.
- Fold in salt and cornstarch
- Spread mixture on two different cooking trays covered with parchment paper. Make circles about 8in wide. Key to spread batter evenly and both circles are same height. You want them to cook evenly.
- Place both trays in oven and cook for 30min
- After 30minutes turn trays and cook another half hour. Total of an hour cook time.
- After second 30min, turn oven off and let cakes cool and dry for 2.5 hours. You want tops to be dry and to easily come off paper.
- While cakes are cooking make whipped cream. Whip the cream until thick add in half cup of sugar, vanilla and cheese, mix together.
- Take bottom cake and cover with cream. Top with strawberries. Do another think layer of cream on top of berries. Place second cake on top add cream and berries to finish.
- Enjoy with loved ones!
Fun tip- use one one cake to make single layer cake with any fruit you’d like such as cherries, peaches, nectarines, mixed berries, citrus, or chocolate.